Townes is committed to the cultivation of our community. We take pride in promoting and participating in community-focused activities to benefit the people we serve. Over the years we have provided opportunities for our employees to participate in the following charitable endeavors:
- Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Christmas Mother Program: In 1942, The Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Department of Social Services created The Christmas Mother Program. For over 60 years this program has assisted the less fortunate with their holiday wish lists. Families, elderly and children have all been the recipients of generous donations from the local community. In the spirit of the season, the Townes Team annually sponsors an elderly member and a Christmas family. We not only fill their stockings, but their pantries too.
- Urbanna Oyster Festival Education Day: The Oyster Festival Education Day is an annual event that is part of the Urbanna Oyster Festival Marine Science Legacy Program. The Marine Science Legacy Program works to bring an understanding of the environmental importance and history of the Chesapeake Bay to middle and elementary school students in Middlesex County. The Environmental Division of Townes Site Engineering participates in the annual event by sponsoring and staffing a booth to educate the children on the characteristics and functions of wetlands throughout the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- First Capital Bank “Stuff the Bus”: This program helps more than 2,500 children from low-income families arrive on their first day of school with a new backpack filled with school supplies, new clothes and shoes.
- First Capital “Peanut Butter Drive”
- Greater Richmond SCAN (Abes for Babes)
- Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Food Pantry