Townes Site Engineering is seeking a Construction Inspector Grade-1 to join our Geotechnical Services Department.
A Construction Inspector Grade I will observe contractors on construction sites and perform basic field soil and concrete tests under the direction of other TSE technicians or engineering professionals to ensure that testing, sampling, or inspection is performed consistent with project specifications.
The tasks may be required to perform include, but are not limited to:
- Performing field materials testing of soil, asphalt, and concrete.
- Preparing detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and observations provided.
- Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results.
- Evaluating site conditions on construction projects and providing recommendations.
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues.
- At least some construction experience is required. Prior experience in field testing is preferred.
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- ACI Level I Concrete, State DOT, WACEL, or ICC certifications in the disciplines of soils, reinforced concrete, and, masonry are a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret plans specifications, safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- A problem solver who can deal with a variety of variables at once.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas and concepts to calculate quantities, estimate volumes, inspect constructed work, make recommendations in the field, and to perform calculations for field and laboratory tests and equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and within teams to achieve goals.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to walk and stand continuously through the day.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 70 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass TSE pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening, and driving record.
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license, as travel to job sites is required.
- Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill travel requirements of this position.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TSE offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
Comprehensive group medical insurance, including Health/Dental/Vision/Life
Paid Vacation/Company-Observed Paid Holidays
Short Term Disability Coverage