Townes Site Engineering is seeking a Lab Technician to join our Geotechnical Department. A Geotechnical Lab Technician will organize, test and report on concrete compressive strength breaks with project specifications.
The tasks required to perform may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing field material handling of concrete samples.
- Preparing concrete reports with all relevant test results.
- Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results.
- Communicating with engineering and technician staff regarding concrete results.
- No experience required – will train.
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read and interpret plans specifications, safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong Organization Skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas and laboratory tests and equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and within teams to achieve goals.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to walk and stand continuously through the day.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 70 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass TSE pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening, and driving record.
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license, as travel to job sites is required.
- Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill travel requirements of this position.